Do not panic. The speakers will play in order to identify which ones are not working properly.
2 min read
Do not panic! The Government of Mexico City reported that on Sunday, April 11, at 11 am, they will test the 12,825 loudspeakers and broadcast a message.
This is to ensure that the speakers work properly in an emergency. So the authorities ask to report the anomalies as:
- That the sound is not reproduced
- That it is not heard well
- That the volume is not adequate
Next April 11 at 11:00 am, an audio test will be carried out on 12,825 speakers installed in the City to verify their correct performance.
If you spot a bug, please report it.
Remember: This is not a drill! pic.twitter.com/CCNcs9DJcq
– CDMX Government (@GobCDMX) April 9, 2021
How to report the speakers?
Mexico City recommends identifying the speaker ID, this is written on each post. If you do not have this number, it is necessary that you indicate the location in detail: street and nearby corner.
After you have this data, you can report it in the following ways:
- Calling 911
- Calling Locatel: 55 5658 1111
- Through the website: atencionciudadana.cdmx.gob.mx
- In the social networks of the CDMX Government
The audio will only play once, so be vigilant and don’t panic. Also, this will be the message issued:
“This is an audio test of the Mexico City speakers. We appreciate your support reporting any failure to 911 ”.
– CDMX Government (@GobCDMX) April 8, 2021
For clarification, this test is not a drill.